Age 48 Months, 6:00am – 6:00pm Monday-Friday
Preschool Curriculum & Milestones
Preschool age children spend most of their time in active play. They ask “why” a lot and love to play with words and language. They are also curious and inventive. Through active play, they learn and repeat new skills until they are mastered. Therefore they need an environment that encourages independent choices.
Activities such as classroom clean-up, meal time, small and large group projects and story times are important for teaching children a wide array of learning skills and responsibilities. Large group activities will provide children with choices and include materials for children to handle such as small identical copies of the “Big Book” or puppets that will correspond to the story read by the teacher. This will keep the activities engaging and fun! Our goal is that preschool age children are not only academically prepared for their early school years but look forward them.
Joyland’s approach to Kindergarten prep begins with a continuum of learning from the important preschool years through the primary grades. Our curriculum is hands-on learning that is fun and flexible for children.
Best of all, your child’s development will be assessed throughout the year, to help guide the planning, the teaching and the work done at home.
Joyland’s curriculum provides developmentally and age-appropriate activities and materials, developing essential school readiness skills through exploration, investigation, and of course, fun! While it is extremely important to understand that all children develop at their own rate, below are some typical milestones you can expect to occur.
- Associates sounds with written words
- Identifies at least 10 letters of alphabet
- Writes name and familiar words
- Can match, sort, and regroup items
- Makes comparisons between objects
- Understands over, under, behind, etc.
Learning About the World/Science
- Participates in simple investigations
- Begins to predict results based on past experiences
- Collects, describes, and records information
Social & Emotional Development
- Expresses growing confidence in abilities
- Increasing ability to compromise with others
- Greater knowledge of community
Approaches to Learning
- Eager to learn about new ideas
- Maintains concentration despite distractions
- Increased ability to find more than one solution to a question or problem
Physical & Health Development
- Throws, catches, and bounces ball
- Growing independence in personal hygiene
- Uses pencils, markers, and paintbrushes with increased control
Our son started here about two years ago. Since then, we see good improvements on his communication and behavioral skills. Thank you for all support. We look forward to enrolling our 8 month baby in the next couple of years.
Very clean and educationally rich environment. Friendly staff. Only Movies are educational films.
Esta muy grande Esta muy. Bonito el. Lugar espero que le guste Alayna Morán.
Very welcoming environment. My daughter's love it there.
An amazing school where kids learn a lot. The teachers are very sweet and caring. You can not go wrong bringing your kids to this wonderful school.